Monday, May 15, 2006

Gadgets: Xbox 360 and Cable TV/Broadband

After numerous delays and many a guilty hour pinching stray wifi signals, I have finally got myself re-connected to cyberspace. I have jacked in to the net with Homechoice over here in the UK. I chose a TV/Broadband bundle which is basically as it is, 60 TV channels plus 4MB ADSL broadband, all for a princely sum of £32.99 per month. I signed up during their half price 2 month offer so its fairly reasonable. Its a weird concept this Homechoice, the TV and internet come through the phone cable and is directed by this little box. Anyway, it sort of works. The picture quality is a little compressed and the internet slows down when the TV is on, but at 4MB, the speed drop is not noticable. Anyway, enough of that.

In the next few weeks I will be reporting on my little side trips that I went on during the past 4 weeks (the posts will be dated according to the day I came back from the trip so check them out below), if I can tear myself away from the latest gadget, my XBOX 360. I have only had it for 1 day but I have found out that the battery on the wireless controller only lasts for 1 day. Bugger. :-) Anyway, I have put my gamertag on the right if you want to add me.

Below is a picture of my rig. The TV is a little on the small side, but that should be rectified in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Good article, you make some interesting points.

cable tv website

I learn more